    My machine is 64 bit so I have set Enable32bitAppOnWin64 to 1.

    I want to be able run both 2.0 and 1.1 applications on the website.

    , Dec 22, 2006

  2. Patrice Guest

    Not sure what it is but AFAIK you can't run both versions on the *same* web
    application (if this is what you meant). You have to create a distinct
    application pool for each ASP.NET version and run each web application in
    the matching pool(s).

    Have you tried on a 32 bit machine (it would allow to find out if the
    message you have is related to win64 or is something else you are trying,
    also not clear at which step you are currently,. Is this running IIS initial
    installation or are you configuring IIS at this time ?)

    Patrice, Dec 22, 2006

  3. Mark Rae Guest

    > Have you tried on a 32 bit machine (it would allow to find out if the
    > message you have is related to win64 or is something else you are trying,
    > also not clear at which step you are currently,. Is this running IIS
    > initial installation or are you configuring IIS at this time ?)

    AFAIK, this setting applies only to 64-bit Windows - running 32-bit Windows
    on a 64-bit machine should not be affected by this...

    Mark Rae, Dec 22, 2006

    I am on a 64 bit windows server 2003 edition.

    Okey, so i need two appication pools, I guess that makes sense.

    When i set the flag setting the iis to 32-bit mode the tab for ASP.Net
    version disappeared, does anyone know how to get it back?. Right now
    I'm having a hard time seeing what version a specific site is running
    under.

    /Niklas

  5. Patrice Guest

    Additionally :
    - If I remember you have a specific version of the .NET framework for each
    architecture (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa496329.aspx)
    - this message could be related to the ASP compatibility mode directive that
    is used on ASP.NET pages to access older STA based COM objects...

    Hopefully someone else will be able to give a better help. Good luck.

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Dec 22, 2006