Cannot access ASP compatibility mode.

niklas.arbin

I'm trying to set up a IIS and have run into the following error.
"Cannot access ASP compatibility mode."

My machine is 64 bit so I have set Enable32bitAppOnWin64 to 1.

I want to be able run both 2.0 and 1.1 applications on the website.

Patrice

Not sure what it is but AFAIK you can't run both versions on the *same* web
application (if this is what you meant). You have to create a distinct
application pool for each ASP.NET version and run each web application in
the matching pool(s).

Have you tried on a 32 bit machine (it would allow to find out if the
message you have is related to win64 or is something else you are trying,
also not clear at which step you are currently,. Is this running IIS initial
installation or are you configuring IIS at this time ?)

Mark Rae

Have you tried on a 32 bit machine (it would allow to find out if the
message you have is related to win64 or is something else you are trying,
also not clear at which step you are currently,. Is this running IIS
initial installation or are you configuring IIS at this time ?)

AFAIK, this setting applies only to 64-bit Windows - running 32-bit Windows
on a 64-bit machine should not be affected by this...

niklas.arbin

I am on a 64 bit windows server 2003 edition.

Okey, so i need two appication pools, I guess that makes sense.

When i set the flag setting the iis to 32-bit mode the tab for ASP.Net
version disappeared, does anyone know how to get it back?. Right now
I'm having a hard time seeing what version a specific site is running
under.

/Niklas