cannot access links in an iframe

oscar1martin

The property document.links seems to access links inside a frame, but
not an iframe. For instance, the following code displays a "4": 2
links in main page, 2 links in frame1.

<script type="text/javascript">
function fn()
{
alert(document.links.length)
}
</script>

<frameset>
<frame name="frame1" id="frame1">
</frame>
<iframe name="frame2" id="frame2" src="http://somewhere5">
</iframe>
</frameset>

Is there a way to access the links in the iframe?

Thanks in advance.

-Lost

The property document.links seems to access links inside a frame, but
not an iframe. For instance, the following code displays a "4": 2
links in main page, 2 links in frame1.

<script type="text/javascript">
function fn()
{
alert(document.links.length)
}
</script>

It reports exactly what is found. Now, whether or not you understand
your markup is an entirely different thing.

<frameset>
<frame name="frame1" id="frame1">
</frame>
<iframe name="frame2" id="frame2" src="http://somewhere5">
</iframe>
</frameset>

How do you expect JavaScript to behave the way you want it to if you do
not provide it valid HTML?
Is there a way to access the links in the iframe?

Yes. You must first however embed it properly in a page. For example,
in a frame, in a frameset.

marsanos

Well, yes, I guessed I could be doing something wrong, but what is it?

I have skimmed trhough hundreds of examples on the net and they all
seem like mine to me.
Also, the page displays correctly.

Some more help, please?

marsanos

Now, this is a helpful answer. And a proof that there are a few things
I have to learn.

Thanks to both of you.