cannot access System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session

goelajay

I have a web service where I am using
System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Session. If I post an xmlrequest using
an aspx page, I can referrence the Session value, but If I am posting
it from say a vbs file, I cannot see the Session. What am I missing?
The class which has has this code has a reference to the System.web and
the web.config file in the application has the Session support turned
on.

Bruce Barker

session support requires the browser support cookies (unlerss you use
cookieless sessions). the vbs script probably does not manage the session
cookies correctly. ass code in the vbs script to copy cookies for the last
response to next request.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

ajayk_goel

Thanks for writing. I changed my web.config to say cookieless="true"
but I still see the same error. In fact if I put a stop in
Session_Start, I can see that it does not hit that function.