Cannot access web service on secure web site

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Chris Clement, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. I am getting the error below when SSL is enable on our web server. If I
    turn SSL off, then it works fine. I searched Google and find several
    references to client certificates, but we are not using them. Any help is
    greatly appreciated.

    "The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust
    relationship with remote server.

    Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was
    closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server.

    Source Error:

    Line 36:
    [System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("https://server/s
    t/WebServices/PhoneFind/GetService",
    RequestNamespace="https://server/st/WebServices/PhoneFind/",
    ResponseNamespace="https://server/st/WebServices/PhoneFind/",
    Use=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
    ParameterStyle=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)]
    Line 37: public object[] GetService() {
    Line 38: object[] results = this.Invoke("GetService", new
    object[0]);
    Line 39: return ((object[])(results[0]));
    Line 40: }

    Source File: \\server\wwwroot$\site\Web
    References\com.server.www\Reference.cs Line: 38 "
    Chris Clement, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Chris Clement

    Marina Guest

    What is the URL that the proxy is using to connect to the web service?

    Marina, Aug 11, 2003

  3. Just our internal proxy address that we use. Why?

    Chris Clement, Aug 12, 2003