Cannot add a Web Reference in Vb.net Version 7

Chip

I installed a new VB.net Standard version. When using the
add web reference dialog I can navigate to a web service
page and view the WSDL in the leftmost browser panel yet
the services never appear in the right panel to Add.
Instead I get a "cannot connect to remote server" error.

I am trying to add a local service from localhost so
connectivity should not be the issue.

Thanks for you assistance in advance...

Chip

yes, I can navigate to the service, I can see the service
description page and the WSDL in a browser and can also
see it in the VB dialog box, yet it never gives me the
services to ADD in the rightmost panel.