Cannot connect to a web service or remotely

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by JerryK, Nov 26, 2004.

  1. JerryK

    JerryK Guest

    Hi,

    I have a system with XP Pro, SP2 installed. I created a trival web service
    by going into Visual Studio and generating a VB web service. I removed the
    lines that comment out the hello world. In IE I enter
    http://localhost/mywebservice. I expected to see the information about the
    web service with a list for HelloWorld. Instead I get the message "You are
    not authorized to view this page".

    Another thing is that if I enter http://localhost I get IIS's default page,
    localstart.asp. However, if I try to access http://myIPAddress from another
    system I also get the "You are not authorize to view this page message".

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks,

    jerry

    JerryK, Nov 26, 2004

  2. JerryK

    JerryK Guest

    I found it. XP SP2 turned on the firewall!!! I turned the firewall off and
    things started working.

    JerryK, Nov 26, 2004