Cannot connect to WORD and OUTLOOK anymore after upgrade! Please help..

Heinrich Braasch

Thanks in advance.

When running from a remote machine, I was quite able to server-side create
COM connections to WORD and OUTLOOK while using the VB Studio.Net 2002
version using the following style of coding.

Dim myObj as New Windows.Application

Now, after upgrading to VB Studio.Net 2003, I get a very basic error message
"Cannot create ActiveX Object" when trying to access the same application.
When accessing it locally, everything runs fine. It MUST be some
security/rights thing. I have tried all possible combination of setting the
IIS security for the application on the server, but there are so many
options, I thing I am running in circles.

PLEASE, can anyone give me some advise? What have changed betwen versions
2002 and 2003 and what can I do to correct it?

Much appreciated
Heinrich Braasch