Cannot convert null to an object - How to resolve it

Discussion in 'Java' started by arunkumar.mit@gmail.com, Nov 13, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    I am beginner in httpunit, while getting a response from a site i am
    getting the following error....

    If any one got the same error or worked through it, Kindly inform me
    let me how to resovle it.

    Below i placed the scree shot of the error. Go through it and kindly
    give suggestions.

    ERROR:
    TypeError: Cannot convert null to an object. (httpunit; line 56)
    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.NativeGlobal.constructError(NativeGlobal.java:597)
    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.NativeGlobal.constructError(NativeGlobal.java:557)
    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.NativeGlobal.typeError0(NativeGlobal.java:562)

    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.toObject(ScriptRuntime.java:510)

    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.toObject(ScriptRuntime.java:486)

    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.getProp(ScriptRuntime.java:707)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c37.call(httpunit:56)
    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.call(ScriptRuntime.java:1191)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c79.call(httpunit:98)
    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callSimple(OptRuntime.java:275)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c125.call(httpunit:0)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.gen.c125.exec(httpunit)
    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.Context.evaluateReader(Context.java:820)
    at
    org.mozilla.javascript.Context.evaluateString(Context.java:784)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.javascript.JavaScript$JavaScriptEngine.executeScript(JavaScript.java:132)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.scripting.ScriptableDelegate.runScript(ScriptableDelegate.java:65)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.parsing.ScriptFilter.getTranslatedScript(ScriptFilter.java:151)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.parsing.ScriptFilter.endElement(ScriptFilter.java:131)
    at org.cyberneko.html.filters.DefaultFilter.endElement(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    org.cyberneko.html.filters.NamespaceBinder.endElement(Unknown Source)

    at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLTagBalancer.callEndElement(Unknown
    Source)
    at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLTagBalancer.endElement(Unknown
    Source)
    at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLScanner$SpecialScanner.scan(Unknown
    Source)
    at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLScanner.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
    at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.cyberneko.html.HTMLConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.parsing.NekoHTMLParser.parse(NekoHTMLParser.java:41)
    at com.meterware.httpunit.HTMLPage.parse(HTMLPage.java:255)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse.getReceivedPage(WebResponse.java:1109)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse.getFrames(WebResponse.java:1098)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebResponse.getFrameRequests(WebResponse.java:875)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.FrameHolder.updateFrames(FrameHolder.java:179)

    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebWindow.updateFrameContents(WebWindow.java:252)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebClient.updateFrameContents(WebClient.java:485)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebWindow.updateWindow(WebWindow.java:146)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebWindow.getSubframeResponse(WebWindow.java:130)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebWindow.getResponse(WebWindow.java:121)
    at
    com.meterware.httpunit.WebClient.getResponse(WebClient.java:113)
    at Test2.main(Test2.java:17)
    Exception2 : com.meterware.httpunit.ScriptException: Script
    'drawLeftNavigation();' failed: TypeError: Cannot convert null to an
    object. (httpunit; line 56)

    Thanks
    Arun.

    , Nov 13, 2006

  2. Deniz Dogan Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am beginner in httpunit, while getting a response from a site i am
    > getting the following error....
    >
    > If any one got the same error or worked through it, Kindly inform me
    > let me how to resovle it.
    >
    > Below i placed the scree shot of the error. Go through it and kindly
    > give suggestions.

    It would help us help you if you pasted line 56 of your file.

    -Deniz Dogan

    Deniz Dogan, Nov 13, 2006