Cannot convert string "MetaCtrl<Key>Insert" to type VirtualBinding

Discussion in 'Java' started by onetitfemme, Oct 3, 2006.

  1. onetitfemme

    onetitfemme Guest

    I am coding some i18n-friendly JWS application and I got this warning.
    Even though I was able to paste non-ascii characters, I wasn't able to
    type them in myself via "Alt" + (numeric ASCII value). Like when you
    write español ñ: ASCII 164 or Straße using the German etzed, ß
    ASCII 225
    ..
    About the warning I read from
    http://www.udel.edu/topics/software/special/language/sunstudio/localX.html:
    ..
    The warning message: Cannot convert string "MetaCtrl<Key>Insert" to
    type VirtualBinding
    ..
    means you do not have no mapping from the keysym Insert to a key on
    your keyboard. You can modify the keysym database to use any key on
    your keyboard. Again consult your X11 server documentation to see how
    to do this.
    ..
    Can you elaborate a little more on what it means/how could I fix this
    problem?
    ..
    How could you can modify the keysym database to use any key on your
    keyboard using java?
    ..
    How is java messing things up, when you can use these keys while using
    other applications?
    ..
    Is there a way to thoroughly debug and fix this type of problems?
    ..
    Thanks
    onetitfemme

    onetitfemme, Oct 3, 2006