    just remain where they are, they shouldnt need overwriting at all in
    the first place.

    Any ideas?
    JB, Mar 25, 2008

  2. JB

    bruce barker Guest

    RE: Cannot Copy Assembly 'Foo' to file '\\server\dir\Foo.dll'. Access

    you don't say what tool and commands you are using to compile, so its hard to
    guess the problem.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 25, 2008

  3. JB

    JB Guest

    Re: Cannot Copy Assembly 'Foo' to file '\\server\dir\Foo.dll'. Access

    On 25 Mar, 17:58, bruce barker <>
    wrote:
    > you don't say what tool and commands you are using to compile, so its hard to
    > guess the problem.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >
    > "JB" wrote:
    > > I am trying to compile a dll to a remote server but keep getting the
    > > above error message.

    > > The problem is not with the actual assembly I am building (because
    > > that doesnt yet exist), it is with all the referenced dll's.
    > > They are all currently in the directory \\server\dir which I am
    > > building the new project to. Hence I guess it is trying to overwrite
    > > them, with exactly the same files.

    > > Permissions on the directory are ok, both the local user and ASP.NET
    > > user have got full access to all files/directories
    > > ..
    > > Ideally the files in questions (which are purely reference dll's) can
    > > just remain where they are, they shouldnt need overwriting at all in
    > > the first place.

    > > Any ideas?

    Visual Studio 2003.
    Im just using the Build command from the menu
    JB, Mar 26, 2008
  4. JB

    On Mar 26, 3:41 am, JB <> wrote:
    > On 25 Mar, 17:58, bruce barker <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > you don't say what tool and commands you are using to compile, so its hard to
    > > guess the problem.

    > > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    > > "JB" wrote:
    > > > I am trying to compile a dll to a remote server but keep getting the
    > > > above error message.

    > > > The problem is not with the actual assembly I am building (because
    > > > that doesnt yet exist), it is with all the referenced dll's.
    > > > They are all currently in the directory \\server\dir which I am
    > > > building the new project to. Hence I guess it is trying to overwrite
    > > > them, with exactly the same files.

    > > > Permissions on the directory are ok, both the local user and ASP.NET
    > > > user have got full access to all files/directories
    > > > ..
    > > > Ideally the files in questions (which are purely reference dll's) can
    > > > just remain where they are, they shouldnt need overwriting at all in
    > > > the first place.

    > > > Any ideas?

    > Visual Studio 2003.
    > Im just using the Build command from the menu

    Unchecking Read Only on the DLL should fix the problem
    , Apr 2, 2008