cannot create a web project in vs.net

Antuane

i can't creat a web project in VS.NET (2003), i get the following message.
Any ideas????

First Messagebox =
FrontPage has detected a web server conflict on Port 80, which has server
extensions for the FrontPage Personal Web Server but is running a
Microsoft-IIS/5.1 server. FrontPage requires that you install the FrontPage
Server Extensions on this new server before using it. Would you like to see
help on how to do this?

Second Messagebox =
Cannot find the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server
Extensions\40\bin\fpnetwrk.hlp file. Do you want to try to find this file
yourself?

Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]

Antuane,
It sounds like you have configured the web server for FrontPage. Has
this web server been used with FrontPage before? The quick fix if this is
your development machine is to uninstall and reinstall IIS. On my WinXP
box, there was no special configuration necessary to get VS to work with my
IIS.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo

Antuane

Uninstalled my IIS & then resintalled IIS, & then repaired VS.NET 2003.
But still getting this message.

NOTE : I had to repair VS.NET cuz there were problems still, indicating that
ASP.NET extensions were not available of some sorts.

Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]

Antuane,
I don't use FrontPage, and I've never recieved that error. I'm sorry I
can't be of more help. Try searching Google groups for other people who
have received this error and how they resolved it. Groups.google.com

Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo

Antuane" said:
Uninstalled my IIS & then resintalled IIS, & then repaired VS.NET 2003.
But still getting this message.

NOTE : I had to repair VS.NET cuz there were problems still, indicating that
ASP.NET extensions were not available of some sorts.

"Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]" <http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/jpalermo> wrote in
message news:#[email protected]...
Antuane,
It sounds like you have configured the web server for FrontPage. Has
this web server been used with FrontPage before? The quick fix if this is
your development machine is to uninstall and reinstall IIS. On my WinXP
box, there was no special configuration necessary to get VS to work with my
IIS.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Palermo

see