Cannot create ActiveX component : GetObject("LDAP://rootDSE")

mirin

Hi Folks,

I'm using .NET framework 2.0

My code errors out on the below line:
objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://rootDSE")

The error message is "Cannot create ActiveX component".

The same code works fine in my development Win2000 PC where I'm using
MS Visual Web Developer 2005 integrated with IIS but gives the error
when I move it to a Win2000 server with IIS 5.0 in the same network.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!
mirin

Guest

Hi Folks,

I'm using .NET framework 2.0

My code errors out on the below line:
objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://rootDSE")

The error message is "Cannot create ActiveX component".

The same code works fine in my development Win2000 PC where I'm using
MS Visual Web Developer 2005 integrated with IIS but gives the error
when I move it to a Win2000 server with IIS 5.0 in the same network.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!
mirin

In .NET you should use System.DirectoryServices
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=System.DirectoryServices+asp.net

mirin

Thanks Alexy.
I did attempt to use System.DirectoryServices which introduced a
different set of complexity I'd need a separate thread to discuss in.

What I want to figure out is what are the possible reasons my code
errors out in:
objRootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://rootDSE")