Cannot create Command Object in Active Server Page

Cathy Thomas

Has anyone run into this problem? An ASP page creates a command object
that calls a stored procedure. This was working one day; next, it
stopped. I am not in control of the various patches that get applied
to this machine, so yes, it is possible that new MS code was applied
to it. The error is a 429, 'Cannot create ActiveX Component'. I can
get the code to work if I turn on the IE option 'Initialize and script
ActiveX controls not marked as safe.' For various reasons, I don't
wish to use this 'fix'.

I can call the stored procedure in a .vbs file (run as a
non-interactive job) and it works successfully.

Yes, I've tried technet. If anyone has information, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

stopped. I am not in control of the various patches that get applied
to this machine, so yes, it is possible that new MS code was applied
to it. The error is a 429, 'Cannot create ActiveX Component'. I can
get the code to work if I turn on the IE option 'Initialize and script
ActiveX controls not marked as safe.'

Sounds like you are trying to create the command object in client-side
script, not server-side.

Bob Barrows

All we can do is guess without seeing code. The IE "Initialize ... " option
should not affect server-side code, so it appears you are attempting to do
this in client-side code? Is that correct? If so, this is the wrong
newsgroup.

Bob Barrows