Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by CJM, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. CJM

    CJM Guest

    I'm executing a series of SQL Server stored procs in one ASP page. They are
    wrapped within an ADO transaction. The reason for several SP calls is that
    the SPs are used individually elsewhere in the application, therefore it is
    not really an option to roll them up into one procedure.

    I've just added another SP to the lists and now I am getting an error:

    "Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction
    mode."

    I had a similar problem in the same code about 9 mths ago, but I got around
    it by using a workaround.

    I can get around this in two ways I think:

    1 - Call this extra procedure using a seperate Connection object - which
    means it is outside the transaction
    2 - Stop the latest SP call from returning a value in a recordset (ie use
    iAffected instead)

    Neither of these are particularly desireable, so I'd finally like to get to
    the bottom of this problem.

    I've googled for help, but havent found a satisfactory answer yet. Any
    ideas?

    --

    [remove the obvious bits]

    CJM, Feb 1, 2005