Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction mode.

CJM

I'm executing a series of SQL Server stored procs in one ASP page. They are
wrapped within an ADO transaction. The reason for several SP calls is that
the SPs are used individually elsewhere in the application, therefore it is
not really an option to roll them up into one procedure.

I've just added another SP to the lists and now I am getting an error:

"Cannot create new connection because in manual or distributed transaction
mode."

I had a similar problem in the same code about 9 mths ago, but I got around
it by using a workaround.

I can get around this in two ways I think:

1 - Call this extra procedure using a seperate Connection object - which
means it is outside the transaction
2 - Stop the latest SP call from returning a value in a recordset (ie use
iAffected instead)

Neither of these are particularly desireable, so I'd finally like to get to
the bottom of this problem.

I've googled for help, but havent found a satisfactory answer yet. Any
ideas?