Cannot create or open a c# asp project - http/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

Emil

Hello,
Two days ago I tried to create my first asp project but when I tried to
create a new asp project I got the following error message:
'The web server reported the following error when attempting to create
or open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.
I searched the net and I found something that I tried: to reinstall ISS and
to run
"aspnet_regiis.exe -i" and to run regsvr32 aspnet_isapi.dll". After I did
that it worked, I could develop and run a few pages, but only until the
first reboot. After I rebooted I got the same error message.
I tried to reinstall IIS and reinstall framework and visual studio but after
I've reinstalled everything it is still not working. How can I make it work?
I don't understand why after a clean installation when you try to create a
web project it is not working?
I am running Windows 2000 Professional.
The entry in the Event Viewer is:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 1.1.4322.0
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1084
Date: 5/27/2004
Time: 11:28:59 AM
User: N/A
Computer: comp10
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80070545. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account.

Thank you,
Emil

Donald E. Hurley Jr.

Check the users of the machine and see if the ASPNET account is still there.

Don