Cannot create RSA key container

Bernard

Hi group,

I've been trying to create an RSA key container so I can encrypt my
web.config connection strings section, but have been unable to.

I was able to create and delete the container, but can no longer.
It stopped working while I was creating and testing a deployment
script to create the container and grant access to ASPNET user.

But now every time I try to create or delete the container I get the
following message:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis -pc
"SMSNotificationKey" -exp
Creating RSA Key container...
The RSA key container could not be opened.
Failed!

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727>aspnet_regiis -pz
"SMSNotificationKey"
Deleting RSA Key container...
The RSA key container was not found.
Failed!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced.

[...]

Solved my own problem... Looks like the asnet_regiis -pa corrupted the
RSA directory's security options, removing all access to
Administrators.
I went to directory (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA) and re-established the access for ASPNET
and Administrators.