cannot create Web application - VS.NET 2003 hangs

R K

Hi all,
I am trying to create a Web application with VS.NET 2003 which hangs with a
message "Contacting Server to create Web Project MyProject..." After
what seems like 10 minutes or so, I get the following message box with a
title "Web Access Failed".
The message is
"The default Web access mode for this project is set to file share, but the
project folder at 'http://localhost/MyProject' annot be opened with the
path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyPRoject'. The error returned was:
"Unable to create Web project 'MyProject'. The file path
'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyProject' does not correspond to the URL
'http://localhost/PerfCOunter2'. The two need to map to the same server
location.
What would you like to do?
- Retry using different file share path - Location
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\PerfCounter2
"

Now I have Windows XP PRo with XPSP2 RC2 installed. I have configured the
Windows firewall to given IIS (inetinfo.exe) to run as server. I am
building the first ASP.NET app with VS.NET 2003 Pro installed . I had this
working with VS.NET 2002 without XP SP2 RC2 . Furthermore I had run IIS
Lockdown tool and URLScan some time back but thought I had got ASPNET with
VS.NET 2002 working.

Your ideas, opinions, suggestions, work-arounds to resolve this problem are
solicited.

Thanks,