Cannot create web project

Dave

I am trying to create a web project in Visual InterDev.

I get the message: "Cannot create a disk-based web application in
C:\InetPub\wwwroot\Project1\Project1_local. You cannot configure
C:\InetPub\wwwroot\Project1\Project1_local as a frontpage web because the
dirctory C:\InetPub\wwwroot\Project1 above it is already configured as a
frontgae web. You can open that web instead."

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Jeff Cochran

I am trying to create a web project in Visual InterDev.

I get the message: "Cannot create a disk-based web application in
C:\InetPub\wwwroot\Project1\Project1_local. You cannot configure
C:\InetPub\wwwroot\Project1\Project1_local as a frontpage web because the
dirctory C:\InetPub\wwwroot\Project1 above it is already configured as a
frontgae web. You can open that web instead."

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?

Yup. But it's not ASP related. Ask in the FrontPage groups and
they'll tell you how to replace your current disk-based web with the
new one you're trying to create. If I remember correctly, there's a
KB article on this as well you might search for.

Jeff