Cannot create Web Projects on Windows XP in Vusial Studio 2003

hellCoder

Hi,

I'm facing a nightmare here... I had Visual Studio 2003 installed and
working perfectly but I decided to install Visual Studio 2005 just to
begin to use it. The installation of the VS 2005 finished successfully
but since then I cannot create or open any asp.net web application. I
receive the following message:

"Unable to create Web project 'ProjectName'. The file path 'FilePath'
does not correspond to the URL 'ProjectURL'. The two need to map to the
same server location. HTTP Error 401: Access denied"

Please,

does anyone have the solution to this problem??

thanks...

Uriah Piddle

Just wondering, are you creating the project with 'File System' selected in
the Location field in the project setup dialog? If you try that, and it
works then you have narrowed some of it down.

hellCoder

Sorry.. I forgot to tell you that I'm trying to create the web project
in the VS 2003. And this problem started after the Visual Studio 2005
installation...

Uriah Piddle escreveu:

Juan T. Llibre

Use the IIS Manager, and check to see if the root app,
or any of your VS 2003 apps, is mapped to asp.net 2.0.

hellCoder

I have checked a lot of things and now the error message has
changed...the new error message is as the following:

"the web server reported the following error when
attempting to create or open the web project located at
the following URL:
http://localhost/webapplication1. 'http/1.1 500 Internal
Server Error' "

I have already executed the aspnet_regiis -i and nothing has changed...

thanks,