cannot debug ASP.net applications

Guest

Hi,

I am grasdually going insane here. When I attempt to debug an ASP.net
project, I get a message which says:

"Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permissions
to debug the server. Verify that you are a member of the 'Debugger Users'
group."

First of all, I am an administrator on the machine. But I added myself to
the debugger users group anyway. Then I added every possible other user to
the Debugger users group (ASPNET, IUSER_etc,SYSTEM, and so on). Then I added
the 'Everyone' group to the debuggers group. Then in desperation I added
ASPNET user to the administrators group. All with no luck.

I am running locally on windows server 2003, with VS2003, and .net framework
1.1 SP1. I have read every article I can find on the net relating to this
issue and nothing has helped.

Thanks

Guest

Excellent document, thanks!

It seems that ASPNET user did not have permissions on the wwwroot directory.

Also I hadn't restarted after changing my password - restarting the machine
did the job. I have not come accross that piece of advice anywhere before,
its good to know.

Thanks again