Cannot debug in VS.NET 2003

TW Chen

When I tried to debug an asp.net app in VS.NET, I got a message saying

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. You do not have the permissions to debug the server. Verify that you
are a memeber of the "Debugger Users" group on the server.

I am running VS.NET 2003 on Windows Server 2003. The asp.net app is on the
local IIS sever. I checked the Interet and found several possible causes. I
tried all of them and it is still nor working. Here are what I tried:

1. Make sure the site is using "Integrated Windows Authentication" in IIS.
2. Add the login user, ASPNET, IUSER_makeineName, IWAM_machineName to
"Debugger Users" group.
3. In the "Internet Options" of IE browser, check "Automatic login with the
current username and password" in "Custom Level" for "Internet" and "Local
intranet".
4. Add the sites to "Trusted Sites" in "Internet Options" for IE Browser.

What else can be the cause of the problem? Thanks for your help.