Cannot debug Javascript with VS2008 SP1

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rory Becker, Aug 19, 2008.

  1. Rory Becker

    Rory Becker Guest

    Just when I need it, my copy of VS2008 seems incapable of debugging javascript
    code.

    I'm really not sure it ever was. Perhaps I saw this before in VS2005 (which
    I recently uninstalled) could this have been it?

    I never get a "Script Documents" node in Solution explorer.

    Breakpoints are never hit.

    I have Enabled script debugging in IE(version 7) and also for "Other" browsers.

    I have tried running the code (F5), attaching to process IE, W3WP.exe, Firefox

    Nothing... nada....zip .. zilch.

    can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

    I include my ASPX file here just in case but it's really simple.
    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="WebApplication2._Default" %>
    <head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function Somefunction()
    {
    alert('Hi');
    }
    </script>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <input id="Button1" type="button" value="Do Stuff" onclick="javascript:Somefunction();"/>
    </form>

    I have tried setting breakpoints on the "Alert" line and also on the "<Input"
    line but still nothing.

    I'm running Vista64 with 4Gb ram, VS2008 SP1 (final version), Firefox 3.0,
    IE 7

    Little help anyone?

    --
    Rory