Cannot debug remotely

Seguros Catatumbo

Hi, i can't seem to enable remote debugging, no matter what changes i
try in web.config. I may have a non standard setup:

-Windows 2003.
-ASP classic website on d:\inetpub\wwwroot, which gets served as
"servcat2"
-ASP classic website on d:\inetpub\public, which gets served on the
same servcat2 server but if requested by the address "http://web"
-Simple ASP:NET project which resides in d:\inetpub\public
\testproject.

The project requires a web.config file. If i copy the default
web.config to testproject, i get an error saying that i can't have the
Authentication="Windows" line there, since it is on a subdirectory. So
ok, i delete the line.

But i am having some bugs on the project, and when i want to debug
from my machine, i get the error that i can't debug remotely.

I tried using <customErrors mode ="off"/> but i think the file is not
being recognized or something, because i still keep getting the error.
If i browse directly in the server i can see the error messages, so i
guess the syntax is ok.

I even tried to copy the web.config file to both testproject and
public.

Am i missing something?

Seguros Catatumbo

I have to add that the subject is kind of wrong. I do not want to
debug, i want asp.net to display the standard stack trace for remote
clients too instead of only to local clients, but customErrors
mode="Off" isn't working, and it may be because of my custom setup