cannot debug with gdb

jeganmhn

Hi all,
I am used to following command to compile
g++ -W -Wall -g -O2 -o

But when I start setting the breakpoint with gdb I get the error
No symbol table is loaded. Use the "file" command.

Whats wrong
Cheers

Jeff Schwab

Hi all,
I am used to following command to compile
g++ -W -Wall -g -O2 -o

But when I start setting the breakpoint with gdb I get the error
No symbol table is loaded. Use the "file" command.

FYI, comp.lang.c++ is not really the correct group for this post.
Follow-ups should go to gnu.g++.help.

What is the name of your program's executable, and how are you invoking gdb?