    I notice that I do not have a web server icon in my system tray. Do I have
    to do something to configure Web Matrix web server (I only installed it).

    Many thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgTA==?=, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Chris seems you don't have have IIS.
    If i understand you have XP home which doesn't come with IIS maybe try
    upgrading to XP Professional.
    WebMatrix doesn't need IIS it has its local server you can use but you can
    use IIS too depending on your settings.
    VS.NET needs IIS
    Hope that helps
    Patrick

    "Chris L" <> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm running VS.NET 2003 on XP Home, so I have Web Matrix installed as a

    web

    Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Hi Patrick

    Damn! Does VS.NET need IIS? I was aware that I don't have IIS on XP Home.
    That's why I installed Web Matrix so that I could use its local web server
    with VS.NET.

    Could I use a different web server other than IIS with VS.NET (i.e. Apache)?

    Many thanks,
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgTA==?=, Nov 28, 2005
  4. Chris i recommend you to read through:-
    http://www.codeproject.com/cpnet/introtomono2.asp?df=100&forumid=159057&exp=
    0&select=1058556
    Hope that helps
    Patrick

    Patrick.O.Ige, Nov 29, 2005
  5. Thanks for your help, Patrick. That's great

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgTA==?=, Nov 29, 2005