    path to C:\j2sdk_nb\j2sdk1.4.2\bin before. What else do I need to do?

    Thanks a lot.

    Chirs
    Steve, Jul 28, 2004

  2. (Steve) writes:

    > I am using textpad 4.0 to compile a .java file and got the error
    > saying it cannot find c:\windows\system32\javac file. I have set the
    > path to C:\j2sdk_nb\j2sdk1.4.2\bin before. What else do I need to do?

    Possibly TextPad does not use the PATH; try setting explicit path to
    javac in TextPad's compiler configuration.
    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Jul 28, 2004

  3. Steve

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 28 Jul 2004 11:14:41 -0700, (Steve) wrote or
    quoted :

    >I am using textpad 4.0 to compile a .java file and got the error
    >saying it cannot find c:\windows\system32\javac file. I have set the
    >path to C:\j2sdk_nb\j2sdk1.4.2\bin before. What else do I need to do?

    You should not need to do that.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 28, 2004
  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Steve) writes:
    >
    > > I am using textpad 4.0 to compile a .java file and got the error
    > > saying it cannot find c:\windows\system32\javac file. I have set the
    > > path to C:\j2sdk_nb\j2sdk1.4.2\bin before. What else do I need to do?

    > Possibly TextPad does not use the PATH; try setting explicit path to
    > javac in TextPad's compiler configuration.

    I fixed it. The installation was corrupted.
    Steve, Jul 28, 2004