Cannot find DBD::Informix for ActivePerl 5.8.3

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Niall, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. Niall

    Niall Guest

    I have installed the DBI module for ActivePerl5.8.3 and I can now
    communicate with my Informix database using the ODBC drivers.

    i.e , if I run the following code

    my @drivers = DBI->available_drivers();
    print "\nThe following DBD-Drivers/Datasources are available:\n";
    foreach my $driver (@drivers)
    {
    print "Driver: [$driver]\n";
    next if $driver =~ /proxy/i;
    my @datasources = DBI->data_sources($driver);
    foreach my $datasource (@datasources)
    {
    print "\t$datasource\n";

    I can see the following
    The following DBD-Drivers/Datasources are available:
    Driver: [DBM]
    DBI:DBM:f_dir=.
    DBI:DBM:f_dir=backup
    DBI:DBM:f_dir=Perl Scripts
    Driver: [ExampleP]
    dbi:ExampleP:dir=.
    Driver: [File]
    DBI:File:f_dir=.
    DBI:File:f_dir=backup
    DBI:File:f_dir=Perl Scripts
    Driver: [ODBC]
    DBI:ODBC:MS Access Database
    DBI:ODBC:Excel Files
    DBI:ODBC:Visual FoxPro Database
    DBI:ODBC:Visual FoxPro Tables
    DBI:ODBC:dBASE Files
    DBI:ODBC:MQIS
    DBI:ODBC:Xtreme Sample Database
    DBI:ODBC:new_tktest
    DBI:ODBC:eek:l_histinf
    Driver: [Proxy]
    Driver: [Sponge]

    The DBI:ODBC:new_tktest and DBI:ODBC:eek:l_histinf both provide
    connections to my informix database.
    I have written some simple scripts and verified that I can retrieve
    data

    However , I would like to connect to Informix directly rather than go
    via ODBC. When I run ppm and enter the command 'Search DBD' I can see
    87 different drivers , but none relating to Informix .

    Can anyone suggest how I do this ?

    Many thanks
    Niall
    Niall, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Niall

    lynn Guest

    Hi Niall,

    Niall wrote:
    (snipped)
    > However , I would like to connect to Informix directly rather than go
    > via ODBC. When I run ppm and enter the command 'Search DBD' I can see
    > 87 different drivers , but none relating to Informix .
    >
    > Can anyone suggest how I do this ?

    The reason you cannot find it is because no one has made a ppm
    for this. One reason is that this depends on having the client libraries
    available. You may want to contact the author of the Informix DBD
    module Jonathan Leffler he may have created a ppd distribution.sutable
    for you version of informix.

    Lynn
    lynn, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Niall

    Niall Guest

    lynn wrote:

    You may want to contact the author of the Informix DBD
    > module Jonathan Leffler he may have created a ppd distribution.sutable
    > for you version of informix.
    >
    > Lynn

    Thanks Lynn

    Looks like I should redirect this query to comp.databases.informix

    Niall
    Niall, Jun 30, 2005