Cannot find DWG files

Deepa

I am trying to locate a file using the following code

Set objXMLHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")

strURL = "http://server/ApprovedAutoCAD/140-00007-01.dwg"
objXMLHTTP.Open "GET", strURL, False, "login", "password"
objXMLHTTP.Send

strReturn = objXMLHTTP.status

I get a 404 status back indicating that the file is not found, which is incorrect. I am able to locate XLS and DOC files on the same directory. Any ideas why I cannot find a DWG (Drawing) file?

Ray at

Are you able to retreive the file through a browser? Is this file hosted on
a server that has case-sensitivity in its file names?

Ray at work

Deepa said:
I am trying to locate a file using the following code:

Set objXMLHTTP = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")

strURL = "http://server/ApprovedAutoCAD/140-00007-01.dwg"
objXMLHTTP.Open "GET", strURL, False, "login", "password"
objXMLHTTP.Send

strReturn = objXMLHTTP.status

I get a 404 status back indicating that the file is not found, which is
incorrect. I am able to locate XLS and DOC files on the same directory. Any
ideas why I cannot find a DWG (Drawing) file?

Deepa

The directory cannot be browsed thru the web, just restricted from users viewing. But for test purposes I was able to look at the file thru the browser. I am not sure about case sensitivity on filenames on server; how can I verify this

Thanks
Deepa

Ray at

You're able to enter the path directly to the file in your browser and get
to the file? If so, copy that exact url into your code and you'll know that
if it's a case sensitivity thing, you have the case right anyway.

Ray at work

Deepa said:
The directory cannot be browsed thru the web, just restricted from users
viewing. But for test purposes I was able to look at the file thru the
browser. I am not sure about case sensitivity on filenames on server; how
can I verify this?

Deepa

Ray

I was incorrect; I was able to check from the list that the file is available in the directory thru the browser, but since I don't have the AutoCAD I wasn't able to open the file.

However, I tried to view the file thru another PC where I had the AutoCAD software and wasn't able to; gives a HTTP error with status 404. Also if I try to save file thru the browser I get a message that the requested site cannot be found. Is there some IIS setting that I need to do

Thanks
Deepa

Deepa

The URL is correct, but when I try to open the file thru the browser I get a HTTP error with status 404. Also if I try to save file thru the browser I get a message that the requested site cannot be found. Any idea

Thanks
Deepa

Ray at

If you're getting a 404, that means that the file that you requested does
not exist, most likely.

Are you/your server able to resolve the domain name?

Does the IIS server hosting the file have IIS Lockdown installed?

Ray at work

Deepa said:
Ray,

I was incorrect; I was able to check from the list that the file is
available in the directory thru the browser, but since I don't have the
AutoCAD I wasn't able to open the file.
However, I tried to view the file thru another PC where I had the AutoCAD
software and wasn't able to; gives a HTTP error with status 404. Also if I
try to save file thru the browser I get a message that the requested site
cannot be found. Is there some IIS setting that I need to do?

Mark Schupp

What version of IIS. I believe that IIS6 will only server files that have
mime types defined.

--
Mark Schupp
Head of Development