    objXMLHTTP.Send

    strReturn = objXMLHTTP.status

    I get a 404 status back indicating that the file is not found, which is incorrect. I am able to locate XLS and DOC files on the same directory. Any ideas why I cannot find a DWG (Drawing) file?

    Deepa, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Deepa

    Ray at Guest

    Are you able to retreive the file through a browser? Is this file hosted on
    a server that has case-sensitivity in its file names?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Mar 1, 2004

  3. Deepa

    Deepa Guest

    The directory cannot be browsed thru the web, just restricted from users viewing. But for test purposes I was able to look at the file thru the browser. I am not sure about case sensitivity on filenames on server; how can I verify this

    Thanks
    Deepa

    Deepa, Mar 1, 2004
  4. Deepa

    Ray at Guest

    You're able to enter the path directly to the file in your browser and get
    to the file? If so, copy that exact url into your code and you'll know that
    if it's a case sensitivity thing, you have the case right anyway.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Mar 1, 2004
  5. Deepa

    Deepa Guest

    Ray

    I was incorrect; I was able to check from the list that the file is available in the directory thru the browser, but since I don't have the AutoCAD I wasn't able to open the file.

    However, I tried to view the file thru another PC where I had the AutoCAD software and wasn't able to; gives a HTTP error with status 404. Also if I try to save file thru the browser I get a message that the requested site cannot be found. Is there some IIS setting that I need to do

    Thanks
    Deepa

    Deepa, Mar 1, 2004
  6. Deepa

    Deepa Guest

    The URL is correct, but when I try to open the file thru the browser I get a HTTP error with status 404. Also if I try to save file thru the browser I get a message that the requested site cannot be found. Any idea

    Thanks
    Deepa

    Deepa, Mar 1, 2004
  7. Deepa

    Ray at Guest

    If you're getting a 404, that means that the file that you requested does
    not exist, most likely.

    Are you/your server able to resolve the domain name?

    Does the IIS server hosting the file have IIS Lockdown installed?

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Mar 1, 2004
  8. Deepa

    Mark Schupp Guest

    What version of IIS. I believe that IIS6 will only server files that have
    mime types defined.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development