cannot find keycodev2.dll, or invalid keycode (crystal rpts)

Guest

Hi there. I have found various postings on this and others on the web and in
order to run crystal reports on a web server (which only has the framework
not vs.net) you have to run some steps, including some merge modules for
crystal reports in my project for example. I have followed all the steps I
have read, but still I get the error on the web server (not on my local host
which has vs.net). Does anyone have a dummys guide to enabling crystal
reports to run on a web server please?

thx

Scott Allen

Hi Louise:

You might try this KB article:
http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2010681.asp

In particular this paragraph:

"The REGWIZ.MSM merge module requires a license key to be entered so that
it can configure the deployment (target/client) machine. When this merge
module is added to a setup project, the Properties window exposes a property
called, License Key under the (MergeModuleProperties) property. "

I believe you can view the license key from the About dialog of VS.NET