Cannot find message resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joos Nielsen, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Joos Nielsen

    Joos Nielsen Guest

    This struts problem occurs alot, but I never found the correct
    solution in teh groups.

    Here is how I solved it:

    <servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>
    org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet
    </servlet-class>
    <init-param>
    <param-name>config</param-name>
    <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml</param-value> <!-- this
    reference was missing!!! -->
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    Joos Nielsen, Jun 3, 2004

  2. Joos Nielsen

    Sudsy Guest

    Joos Nielsen wrote:
    > This struts problem occurs alot, but I never found the correct
    > solution in teh groups.

    <snip>
    > <init-param>
    > <param-name>config</param-name>
    > <param-value>/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml</param-value> <!-- this
    > reference was missing!!! -->
    > </init-param>

    This problem will NEVER occur if you just take the time to read the
    documentation. This is just so fundamental to the working of Struts
    that I've never read about someone missing it before.

    > <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

    Why do you specify this? I have numerous websites using Struts and
    don't worry about when the servlet is loaded. I leave it up to the
    container to load it as needed. Your choice, of course.

    Sudsy, Jun 3, 2004

  3. Joos Nielsen

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "Sudsy" <> wrote in message
    > > <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

    > Why do you specify this? I have numerous websites using Struts and
    > don't worry about when the servlet is loaded. I leave it up to the
    > container to load it as needed. Your choice, of course.

    Probably because this is how it is in the Struts example app, and as you
    said, it seems he doesn't read documentation.

    Ryan Stewart, Jun 4, 2004