cannot find .net framework directory: system error &H80131700&

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Vamsi, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. Vamsi

    Vamsi Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I have installed Visual Studio.Net on my windows XP
    machine.

    First after installing all the required WCU, then
    installed the Visual Studio.Net. All set up was completed
    successfully. then when i try to create a Web Application
    i get the error
    "project 'ABC' could not be opened because the microsoft
    visual basic .net compiler could not be created. please
    re-install visual studio"

    So i uninstall the entire setup and reinstall it again.
    Now i get the error:
    "project 'webapplication4' could not be opened because
    the microsoft visual basic .net compiler could not be
    created. cannot find .net framework directory: system
    error &H80131700&"

    Can you please assist with this and let me know how i
    need to proceed further for a successful installation of
    Visual Studio.Net 2003.

    Appreciate your help on this!
    Thanks,
    Vamsi.

    Vamsi, Jun 22, 2004

  2. You might want to try a visual studio group? I don't know what this has to
    do with active server pages...

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)