cannot find source of error

Middletree

This is an ASP-built Intranet app, so I have saved off a static
version of the page for reference, and it is located at
http://www.middletree.net/err.htm and the page to compare it to is
http://www.middletree.net/noerr.htm

If you go to the first page, in my case using IE 6/WinXP, you'll see
that it shows a js error. More important than just the error is that
the menu is gone. On the 2nd page, the error doesn't exist.

That second page only differs, code-wise in one small snippet of ASP
code which falls an IF/ELSE ASP condition. Here's the code which
builds the page with the error (which falls under the ELSE half):

Else
'if no history items
if strNoRecords = "1" then
Else
Response.Write "<table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 border=1
width=620 bgcolor="&bgcolor2&">"
Response.Write "<tr><td colspan=3 align=center><span
class=cellnumber>No work history items have been added for this
End if
End if

Michael Winter

[snip]
Can anyone see what I am missing?

The "error" page doesn't contain an element with the id, WorkHistory,
which you try to access when the page loads in order to hide the DIV
elements it contains.

Mike

Lee

Middletree said:
[...]

If there is no work history, in addition to writing that message, you
need to avoid writing the onload handler that tries to hide the work history.