    ~
    lbrtchx
    , May 7, 2013

  2. Lew Guest

    wrote:
    >> ... You, apparently, are sociopathic.

    You didn't even attribute that quote correctly.

    > ~

    What's with the tildes?

    > I wonder what will be next: nazi lover? child molester? U.S. government snitch?

    It's spelled "Nazi", not "nazi".

    It wasn't a random epithet. One definition of "sociopathic" is "of, relating to, or characterized by
    asocial or antisocial behavior". Your behavior conforms to that definition. It's an objective assessment
    supported by the evidence you provided. You have given no evidence that you love in a Nazi style,
    nor that you molest children, nor that you snitch on the U.S. government. You have given ample
    evidence of sociopathy.

    > When I see you guys ganging up against someone just for mixing up coding styles
    > I find so cool not being "normed"!

    We're not "ganging up against someone". You evinced certain behavior. You refuse to follow
    social norms. You even do so to your own detriment. That seems like less than intelligent
    decision-making. You were given advice *to help you* and you call it "ganging up against someone".

    You can justify and excuse your behavior all you want, it's still sociopathic.

    You've been asked dozens of times not to fragment threads. Yet you still do it.

    You've moved beyond obstinacy to hostility. People have asked you nicely to conform to certain
    conventions to show respect and, again, *to help you*. You are nasty in return. To heck with you.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, May 7, 2013

  3. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/6/2013 9:00 PM, wrote:
    >> ... You, apparently, are sociopathic.

    > ~
    > I wonder what will be next: nazi lover? child molester? U.S. government snitch?
    > ~
    > When I see you guys ganging up against someone just for mixing up coding styles
    > I find so cool not being "normed"!

    I think Lew's comment was out of line.

    But if you read what people reply to you then you would have noted
    that many people don't want to read and try and understand your
    question because you are making it to difficult to read your code.

    It is not smart to discourage some very smart people from
    contributing with solutions.

    It is not nice to be so disrespectful that you make those
    trying to help you work harder than they have to.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 7, 2013
  4. Arne Vajhøj Guest

    On 5/6/2013 9:29 PM, Lew wrote:
    > wrote:
    >>> ... You, apparently, are sociopathic.

    >> I wonder what will be next: nazi lover? child molester? U.S. government snitch?

    > It wasn't a random epithet. One definition of "sociopathic" is "of, relating to, or characterized by
    > asocial or antisocial behavior". Your behavior conforms to that definition. It's an objective assessment
    > supported by the evidence you provided.

    I believe sociapathic (aka antisocial/dissocial personality disorder)
    is a diagnosis that should be left to those with a relevant background
    to make such diagnoses.

    It is not something skills in Java makes one competent to do.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 7, 2013
  5. Eric Sosman Guest

    On 5/6/2013 9:00 PM, wrote:
    >> ... You, apparently, are sociopathic.

    > ~
    > I wonder what will be next: nazi lover? child molester? U.S. government snitch?
    > ~
    > When I see you guys ganging up against someone just for mixing up coding styles
    > I find so cool not being "normed"!

    You seem to have missed an important point: *You* have a
    problem and *you* are asking people for help. In essence, you
    are in the position of a beggar, offering no inducement, no
    recompense, no tangible reward to a prospective rescuer other
    than that which the rescuer may find within him or herself.
    If you want to beg successfully, you must curry favor with those
    from whom you beg favors. If you rail against the people who
    might help you and drive them away, you make it less likely that
    you will receive assistance.

    When you ask help from me, I am not bound to tolerate your
    eccentricities; if they're extreme, it's easier for me to just
    walk on by and ignore your tin cup. Were I seeking your help
    things would be different -- but I'm not, and you are, and where,
    pray tell, do you choose to go from here, eh?

    If all you want to be is cool, you may be left in the cold.

    --
    Eric Sosman
    Eric Sosman, May 7, 2013
  6. Daniel Pitts Guest

    On 5/6/13 8:32 PM, Eric Sosman wrote:
    > If all you want to be is cool, you may be left in the cold.

    I like that, is that your own or a quote/paraphrase from somewhere else?

    Anyway, I've offered some help to the OP, including other design
    choices, and the suggestion that using Reflect on methods is the way to
    go for his current design choice. It seems like the message is "I don't
    want the solution, I want it to work the way I'm doing it."

    I understand the engineering goal. If the had originally said something
    along the lines "I have a requirement that I take a command line and
    automatically marshal it to match a method call, and then I call that
    method". Then I think less of the suggestions would have been noise.
    The solution is to stop avoiding the Class.get* methods and actually
    read up on how they work, and apply that new knowledge to the problem.
    Done.

    At the same time, the coding convention confuses matters. Since it is
    non-standard, it makes it difficult for experienced programmers and
    engineers to decipher. The suggestions then turned to "how to receive
    better help from this group."

    Like many trolls, the OP decided to take that and run. Saying "I'm a
    unique flower! Don't try to change me!" The truth is that when you ask
    for enlightenment, you are asking to be changed. The change you receive
    may not be the change you seek.

    This is the last of the effort I will spend on this thread. The OP has
    one more chance to receive my help, as I'm more forgiving than some.
    Any more troll-like behavior and I will write them off completely.

    Good luck qwertymonkey, I hope you find the enlightenment you seek.
    Daniel Pitts, May 7, 2013