Cannot find the id of the textbox on the user control

Samy

Hi There,
I have a user control with a textbox and a button which when clicked
opens a calendar control(calendar.aspx page). When I select a date from
the calendar control, the date is supposed to be populated in the
textbox. I use the user control on a index.aspx page.
In order to achieve this I have a selected intexchange event on the
calendar control. I pass the textbox id using the querystring when the
button is clicked and then retrieve that using a
htmlhiddeniput(id:control) variable on the calendar.aspx page.

if(this.Request["textbox"] !=null)
control.Value = Request.QueryString["textbox"].ToString();

_startDateCalendar_Dialog.Attributes["onclick"] = "var w =
window.open('Calendar.aspx?textbox="+this.ID+"_argument3Value_Txt','cal','width=200,height=200,left=270,top=80');w.focus();return
false;";

For some reason if I say window.opener.document.forms(0)." +
control.Value + ".value = '";
I get a JScript error saying object null or not defined.
Becuase .net runtime cannot see the name of the textbox on the
usercontrol, I use the syntax...this.ID +"_argument3Value_Txt' to
idenify the textbox on the user control,
which I pass it to the calendar page. ID refers to the id of the user
control.

Can anybody get back to me please as to why I am getting this error?

Thanks a lot.

Samy

Bruce,
It gives the same result and I get the same error. Can you please
suggest anything other than that?

Thanks.