Cannot get Custom Control to display in Designer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by kriknav@gmail.com, Sep 21, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I've built this custom control and it works great, but I can't get it
    to NOT throw an error in design time. I don't necessarily want it to
    be visible in the designer, but even when I set it not to show up, it
    still shows just an error box for the control.

    Here's some of my Control's Code:

    [Designer("ACTControls.ACTCalendarDesigner")]
    [ToolboxData("<{0}:ACTCalendar runat=server></{0}:ACTCalendar>")]
    [ParseChildren(true)]
    //[DesignTimeVisible(false)]
    public class ACTCalendar : UserControl

    [PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.InnerProperty)]
    public EventRowList CalendarEventRows
    {
    get { return EventRows; }
    set { EventRows = value; }

    EventRowList is another custom class I've built, it's basically just a
    collection of another class.

    The designer keeps complaining that 'act:ACTCalendar' could not be set
    on property 'CalendarEventRows'.

    Like I said the control works great during run time and I can design
    it perfectly in the source tab, but I'd like to get rid of this error
    on the design tab before releasing the control.

    If anyone can help me understand what I'm doing wrong it would be
    great. Design-time support on my control is a new thing for me and I
    can't seem to find too many great sources of information. Any help
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank.

    -kriknav
    , Sep 21, 2007