Cannot get localization to work on custom sitemap

jonathan.eves

Hi

I am having a hard time with localization of the sitemap. I have
created a custom SiteMapProvider which inherits from
StaticSiteMapProvider. For which everything works fine. The next
thing i did was to add a unique resource key to each the nodes and add
these resource keys to my globalisation database. Running a SQL Trace
shows that the call for the localized resource is never made.

Here is the code that builds creates my nodes

m_root = new SiteMapNode(this,
rootNodeInfo.ID.ToString(),
rootNodeInfo.Url,
rootNodeInfo.Title,
rootNodeInfo.Description);
m_root.ResourceKey = "<SomeUniqueIdentifierInHere>";
m_root.Roles = new string[] { "*" };
AddNode(m_root, null);

Is it ok to just set the ResourceKey here or is there something else i
need to do.

Also, I tried creating an XML sitemap with resource keys the same and
this works...my breadcrumb was localized. So does anyone know why my
reourcekeys not picked up in my custom sitemap provider??

There seems to be no documentation for building your own localizable
custom provider. Can anyone point me in the right direction if they
have seen anything.

Thanks

The Big Chod

Joined
Sep 26, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
U can't localize SqlSiteMap

Dear,

As far as I know, the custom Site Map provider does not support localization. I have not the exact link today of the microsoft article. U can find at msdn.microsoft.com. The article file is too big for upload on this site. If U can't find plz contact me.

Regards,
Sultan