Cannot get the values of session variables from a linked detailed

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Jack, Jun 13, 2005.

  1. Jack

    Jack Guest

    Hi,

    I have the following problem.

    I have a main data entry form which has a link to a detailed data entry
    form. The value of the link in the main form is the sum total of all the
    line items in the detailed form. The detailed form has fields to capture the
    individual line items like contracted service expense, travel expense etc.

    I am capturing the total of individual line items using session variables so
    that when the values of the main form is saved these total of line item
    values get saved. However, if one gets to the mainform via login and tries to
    resave the values (which is already saved), the above session variables (from
    the detailed form that contains the sum of line items) get null values.
    However, just navigating to the detailed form through the link and coming
    back to the main form sets the value in the session variables.

    My question is how to get the session variable values without having to go
    to the detailed form and come back to the main

    form.
    Hope I explained myself clearly.

    Thanks in advance. Regards.

    Jack, Jun 13, 2005