Cannot get the values of session variables from a linked detailed

Jack

Hi,

I have the following problem.

I have a main data entry form which has a link to a detailed data entry
form. The value of the link in the main form is the sum total of all the
line items in the detailed form. The detailed form has fields to capture the
individual line items like contracted service expense, travel expense etc.

I am capturing the total of individual line items using session variables so
that when the values of the main form is saved these total of line item
values get saved. However, if one gets to the mainform via login and tries to
resave the values (which is already saved), the above session variables (from
the detailed form that contains the sum of line items) get null values.
However, just navigating to the detailed form through the link and coming
back to the main form sets the value in the session variables.

My question is how to get the session variable values without having to go
to the detailed form and come back to the main

form.
Hope I explained myself clearly.

Thanks in advance. Regards.