Cannot launch an exported standalone rcp application.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Thibnes, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. Thibnes

    Thibnes Guest

    Hi there,
    I'm experiencing a problem when exporting a RCP product through
    eclipse.
    Could you take a look and tell me where I'm wrong please.

    First, here is the arborescence of my project :
    http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eclipse1yy6.png

    For my project I've some libraries (external jars) , I need to select
    them in the "Properties" of the projet in the section "Libraries" using
    the "Add external Jar" button.
    With that configuration, I could launch the project and all works fine.

    To export my project, I saw that the export wizard can't find my
    libraries (when they are selected in "properties" of the project). So,
    I delete them from here and I add the libraries in the "plugin.xml /
    Build / Extra classpath entries" section.
    At this time, I can't launch the project anymore but the export "works
    fine"

    Then, this is what I'm doing to export my product :

    Open the plug-in editor and switch to the Build page and add all the
    files need.
    Then I create a new Product file.
    In the Overview tab I select the "Product ID", the "Application" and
    set a name to my product
    In the configuration and add my first element "net.witrack.manager" and
    the click on "Add required plugins" to add others RCP plugin needed.

    At this point, all the configuration is done.
    But the "Launch the product" don't work, cause of the required
    libraries missing in the "properties" of the project.
    So lets try the export...
    I export on a directory... no errors
    In my directory I've some files, I launch the application and got this
    error in the log file :

    ------------------------------
    !SESSION 2006-12-18 11:42:17.546
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.5.0_06
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

    !ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 2006-12-18 11:42:18.484
    !MESSAGE Product net.witrack.manager.managerID42 could not be found.

    !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2006-12-18 11:42:18.484
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
    at
    org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:204)
    at
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
    at
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

    Please enlighten me.
    Thanks.
    Thibnes, Dec 18, 2006