Cannot load Class?? .NET2

D. Shane Fowlkes

ASP.NET 2 (VB)

I'm experimenting with MS VWD and .NET2. I'm tinkering with the Code Behind
method as demonstrated on MS's tutorial at
http://www.asp.net/QuickStart/aspnet/doc/pages/codebehind.aspx#codebehind .
Yet, when I follow the example and apply it to my own little test, I get a
server error of:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'PasswordClass'.
Line 1: <%@ Page language="VB" CodeFile="CodeFiles/forgotpwd_aspx.vb"
Inherits="PasswordClass" %>

Line 1 above is the first line of my page. My codefile looks like this:

Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic

Partial Class PasswordClass

Inherits System.Web.UI.Page

Protected Sub btnSubmit_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)

lblMessage.Text = "Success" & Time()

End Sub

End Class

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

D. Shane Fowlkes

To add addt'l info....I tried the example straight off the MS site (link in
orig post) and it doesn't work either. The .NET2 Framework is installed on
the test server. Is there something I need to set up or configure on the
server other than just install the .NET 2 Framework? Do I need to do
anything in IIS?

D. Shane Fowlkes

Resolved.

I tinkered around in IIS and found where I can set the application to .NET 2
instead of 1.1.