Cannot move my Webservices folder to my Production machine

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by tshad, Feb 27, 2006.

  1. tshad

    tshad Guest

    I am trying to create a Web Service in VS 2003 that will run on my
    Production machine, but access services on my local machine.

    I built the page on my local machine and it works fine and finds my services
    fine.

    I then moved the project folder to my Web Application folder (couldn't
    figure out which pages to move). When I accessed the page, it gave me a 404
    error trying to access the Web Service on my local machine. When I opened
    the project with VS, it was pointing back to my local machine (c:\inetpub
    instead of z:\inetpub). When I looked at the properties of the services
    from Solutions Explorerer, it is pointing at LocalHost - which obviously
    won't work.

    What do I need to change to move the project from my local machine to my
    production machine to make this work?

    Thanks,

    Tom
    tshad, Feb 27, 2006