Cannot open asp.net 1.1 web project with VS.net standard edition

Shailesh Patel

Hi,
I have VS.Net standard edition installed on my computer. I get the following
error when creating new web application:
"visual studio .net has detected that the specified web server is not
running asp.net 1.1. you will be unable to run asp.net web applications or
services."

Thank you for reply.

Shailesh

Joey

Open a visual studio command prompt window and run the following
command...

aspnet_regiis /i

This will install asp.net for IIS.

That error is not uncommon, especially when installing/enabling IIS
after installing Visual Studio.