Cannot run ASP.NET in the browser

Vinit Kumar

Hi all,

I installed .NET Framework (ver 1.0.3705) on my laptop
recently. I created the simplest of ASP.NET form having a
button and a label. When I build the application I get no
errors or warnings. But when I run the application in a
browser I dont see the controls. I can see the label
(which it is out of position) but the button is not
visible at all.

Did I missing anything while installation.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Vinit

Kevin Spencer

It sounds like there's nothing wrong with your installation. I would think,
under the circumstances, that there is something wrong with your code.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

vinit kumar

I tried the same code on my office PC and it works fine.
What I did is create a new web form and place a button
and a label on that form. But the button wont show up in
the browser.

Thanks for helping

vinit kumar

Kevin Spencer

You're running IIS on your Laptop? If so, have you made sure that ASP.Net is
installed on the web server?

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Patrice Scribe

Try to view the source. If you see server side tags I would say that ASP.NET
is not part of the processing pipeline (not properly installed ?).

Do you access the file using a local web site ?

Patrice

David Wier

It's possible that ASP.Net is not registered correctly on your system.
Try running aspnet_regiis from the command prompt.

Here's the default location:

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<latest version #>\aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Windows Server 2003, you must use aspnet_regiis -i -enable

David Wier
MCP, MVP ASP.NET, ASPInsider
http://aspnet101.com
http://aspexpress.com

Simon Aspden

Did you install IIS after installing the .NET framework? I am aware of a
case where this was done and the ASPX processing did not work. The remedy
was to reinstall IIS and then the framework - this may be an overkill
solution but it is a simple & clean one.

Also - if you are building your project with Studio 2003 you will need to
upgrade your framework to ver 1.1

Simon