Cannot run web debugger for VS.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andre S, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Andre S

    Andre S Guest

    I have recently installed Visual Studio .NET and have been unable to
    debug a web project on my local machine. I have only created a
    standard web application and have a blank page. Running the
    application without debugging works fine but if I start the debugger I
    get the following error message:

    Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
    web server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

    Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no
    syntax errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging.
    You may also want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging
    topic in the online documentation.

    I have tried eveything suggested in all the KB articles and the other
    posts including but not limited to:
    * Ensuring all debug options are set in web.config, project
    properties, iis, ie etc.
    * Have ensured the virtual web has an application name
    * made both my account and ASPNET member of Debuggers and VSDevelopers
    * changed userName to SYSTEM in machine.config
    * re-installed VS
    * re-installed .Net Framework SP2
    * run aspnet_regiis.exe -i and iisreset.exe
    * Ensured ASPNET and my account to have the full permissions on all
    the directories

    I am running Windows 2000, VS.NET 2003, .NET Framework 1.1.4322, iis
    5.0 and ie6.0 all teh latest SPs and Critical updates.

    Any help wouild be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Andre S, Apr 8, 2004