cannot send email from SMTP, help!

Quentin Huo

Hi:

I tried to send email from an ASP.NET page through SMTP. But I always got
the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.
----

The transport failed to connect to the server.

my code is writen in C#, my system is win2003server:

MailMessage mm = new MailMessage();

mm.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtsperver","l
ocalhost");

mm.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpserverport
", 25);

mm.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusing",
2);

mm.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/smtpauthentica
te", 2);

mm.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendusername",
"Administrator");

mm.Fields.Add("http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/sendpassword",
"pw for Administrator");

SmtpMail.SmtpServer = "localhost;

SmtpMail.Send(mm);

If I set the access authentication be "Anonymous", it works. (But I cannot
use this setting because of security issue.)

Where is the problem? I need help.

Thanks a lot!

Q.

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

Try this site
http://systemwebmail.com/

as its got heaps of information, but at a guess, I'd say that its trying to
authenticate, but cant find the Primary domain controller or KDC or whatever
authentication system is required on the network to authenticate the user
you have specified.