Cannot turn off debug in web.config - confusing message

Bazza Formez

Hi,

Unlike some people I have read about in this news group, I am having trouble
turning off debug.... but the error message seems to indicate the opposite.

When I set debug="false" in web.config, and then start the application, I
get the following (contrary) error message in Visual Studio :
"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. The project is not configured to be debugged."

Can anyone suggest a solution to this ?

Many thanks,

Bazza

Ryan Trudelle-Schwarz

Hi,
Unlike some people I have read about in this news group, I am having
trouble turning off debug.... but the error message seems to indicate
the opposite.

When I set debug="false" in web.config, and then start the
application, I
get the following (contrary) error message in Visual Studio :
"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the
web
server. The project is not configured to be debugged."
Can anyone suggest a solution to this ?

Many thanks,

Bazza

Right, when you say you try to "start" the project, how are you doing that?
I'm guessing you are asking vs.net to start the project in the debugger.
Try starting it without debugging.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Anders_Nor=E5s?=

Bazza said:
When I set debug="false" in web.config, and then start the application, I
get the following (contrary) error message in Visual Studio :
"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. The project is not configured to be debugged."
The debug attribute must be set to true to allow an ASP.NET application
to be debugged. This is the reason why you're getting the error message.
You must set debug="true" to debug the application (F5) or choose start
without debugging (ctrl+F5).

Anders Norås
http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/anoras/

Bazza Formez

Thanks for that Anders !!

Anders Norås said:
The debug attribute must be set to true to allow an ASP.NET application to
be debugged. This is the reason why you're getting the error message. You
must set debug="true" to debug the application (F5) or choose start
without debugging (ctrl+F5).

Anders Norås
http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/anoras/

Bazza Formez

Thanks for that Ryan... you were right.. I was hitting F5 in VS without
realizing that in doing so I was trying to initiate debug.