    used to work okay earlier on my web site?
    Any help is appreciated.

    Regards Jan
    Jan G. Thorstensen, Aug 21, 2005

  2. Jan G. Thorstensen

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Perhaps check this out:

    Why do I get database-related 80004005 errors?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2009

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    <<
    I am using Windows XP profesional and Access 2000 but are experiencing
    problems updating or adding new records to my database with asp.
    I have installed IIS 5.1 on my computer but also on my internet site I
    am
    having problems to add a new rec. or update one.

    The error message is something like:
    < Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an
    updateable
    query. >

    I get this message on my web site as well as when I try some new tests,
    with
    other databases, on my local PC's IIS. Does anybody know what is wrong?
    It

    Bullschmidt, Aug 22, 2005

  3. Thanks for your answer. I have upgraded my Computer from Window98 to WinXP.
    That's why I have problems with my ASP as I can read it.

    In the articles you mentioned below they ask me to Open Windows Explorer, go
    to Tools and Folder Options. From there I should choose the Security Tab.
    However, it does not show. I then tried to go to Start,Run,gpedit.msc. From
    here I tried to deaktivate the Remove Security Tab as described in the
    article: http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2205. But, unfortunately, I still
    do not get the Security Tab to show. Is there anybody that know why or where
    to continue from here?

    I also am using NTFS file system.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Regards
    Jan

    Jan G. Thorstensen, Aug 22, 2005
  4. Did you disable "Simple File Sharing" as described in that article?

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 22, 2005
  5. OOooobbbss!!
    You're right. I forgot to do that. Now that this is done, it works
    perfectley.
    Thanks a lot.

    Jan

    "Bob Barrows [MVP]"