Cannot update the frame

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by vizlab, Mar 20, 2005.

  1. vizlab

    vizlab Guest

    Hi,
    I used javascript to generate the HTML file and tried to update a
    frame using this HTML file.

    function handleButton1()
    {
    parent.location="http://localhost:8080/myservlet/testservlet";
    // testservlet generate the HTML file.
    parent.frame1.window.location.reload(true); // update frame1
    }

    But I have to press the button twice to see the update. I tried to add
    a sufficient long delay between these two statements but no luck.

    Can anybody tell me how to see the update by pressing the button ONLY
    ONCE.

    Best Regards

    Lian

    vizlab, Mar 20, 2005