Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top directory.

aks

Hi,

I'm getting this issue "Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top
directory" when i access in my server, it is working fine in my local.
We are using RewriterRule in web.config file.

I'm using ASP .net 2.0, IIS 6.0.

Thanks in advance.

AKS

Evertjan.

aks wrote on 12 mei 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I'm getting this issue "Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top
directory" when i access in my server, it is working fine in my local.
We are using RewriterRule in web.config file.

I'm using ASP .net 2.0, IIS 6.0.

This is a classic asp group.

Dotnet questions should be asked in
<microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet>

IIS has it's own NG.

Possibly you want to access a directory "above" the root
without giving access.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

aks said:
Hi,

I'm getting this issue "Cannot use a leading .. to exit above the top
directory" when i access in my server, it is working fine in my local.
We are using RewriterRule in web.config file.

I'm using ASP .net 2.0, IIS 6.0.

Thanks in advance.

Parent paths are disabled by default in IIS 6. You need to use IIS Manager
to enable them