    applications and services." . How come I got this error?? How can I use
    VS.NET again ??

    Million Thanks
    Grey, Jun 8, 2004

  2. Grey

    Johannes Ehm Guest

    "Grey" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have installed VS.NET 2003 in PC and the application runs fine in
    > the IE. However, when I try to open the project in VS.NET, i got an
    > error message "Visual studio .NET has detected that the specified Web
    > server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run
    > ASP.NET Web applications and services." . How come I got this error??
    > How can I use VS.NET again ??

    Hi,

    I had the same problem and found no solution on the web. The IIS web server
    and asp.net 1.1 was correctly installed, but didn't worked with Visual
    Studio. After trying different things, I found the solution. The Frontpage
    Server Extension wasn't installed. I don't know why, because it should be
    installed with Visual Studio. But since installing and configuring it, I'm
    able open new projects.

    I downloaded and installed the frontpage server extension from this page:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5cc0a845-1884-
    4a16-a8cb-25d2f0815fa3&DisplayLang=en

    JE
    Johannes Ehm, Jun 8, 2004