Cannot use VS.NET

Grey

I have installed VS.NET 2003 in PC and the application runs fine in the IE.
However, when I try to open the project in VS.NET, i got an error message
"Visual studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not
running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
applications and services." . How come I got this error?? How can I use
VS.NET again ??

Million Thanks

Johannes Ehm

I have installed VS.NET 2003 in PC and the application runs fine in
the IE. However, when I try to open the project in VS.NET, i got an
error message "Visual studio .NET has detected that the specified Web
server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run
ASP.NET Web applications and services." . How come I got this error??
How can I use VS.NET again ??

Hi,

I had the same problem and found no solution on the web. The IIS web server
and asp.net 1.1 was correctly installed, but didn't worked with Visual
Studio. After trying different things, I found the solution. The Frontpage
Server Extension wasn't installed. I don't know why, because it should be
installed with Visual Studio. But since installing and configuring it, I'm
able open new projects.

I downloaded and installed the frontpage server extension from this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5cc0a845-1884-
4a16-a8cb-25d2f0815fa3&DisplayLang=en

JE