can't access a webservice setup as a file share in IIS

hs

Hi all

I'm having a few setup problems.

If the IIS/home directory tab of my webservice is "a directory located on
this computer" everythings okay.

However, if I change the home directory/tab to "a share located on another
computer" it no longer works.

I know i'm connecting to this computer because i'm able to retrieve simple
html files.

any ideas thanks
hs

John Saunders [MVP]

hs said:
Hi all

I'm having a few setup problems.

If the IIS/home directory tab of my webservice is "a directory located on
this computer" everythings okay.

However, if I change the home directory/tab to "a share located on another
computer" it no longer works.

I know i'm connecting to this computer because i'm able to retrieve simple
html files.

"It no longer works"?

hs

"It no longer works"?

Sorry for the lack of explanation. What i mean by 'it no longer works' is if
the web service resource files are sitting on a local drive eg
C:\inetpub\wwwroot , then calls to this web service work. but they dont if
these resource files are sitting on another computer

John Saunders [MVP]

hs said:
Sorry for the lack of explanation. What i mean by 'it no longer works' is
if the web service resource files are sitting on a local drive eg
C:\inetpub\wwwroot , then calls to this web service work. but they dont if
these resource files are sitting on another computer

Ok, I guess there must be something wrong.

:-(

Come on! If you want some help, then please give some information! What do
you mean, "it doesn't work?" What, exactly, is the symptom?

hs

When I try to access the webservice from my client application, I get an
http request error.

I think its a IIS settings issue.

John Saunders [MVP]

hs said:
When I try to access the webservice from my client application, I get an
http request error.

I think its a IIS settings issue.

I think this is getting boring.

Please supply all of the information. Every bit of it.

If you don't supply information, nobody will be able to help you.

hs

thanks for looking but i think i've posted my problem on the wrong group.
I'll try my luck elsewhere.