    html files.

    any ideas thanks
    hs

    hs, Aug 7, 2007

  2. "hs" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I'm having a few setup problems.
    >
    > If the IIS/home directory tab of my webservice is "a directory located on
    > this computer" everythings okay.
    >
    > However, if I change the home directory/tab to "a share located on another
    > computer" it no longer works.
    >
    > I know i'm connecting to this computer because i'm able to retrieve simple
    > html files.

    "It no longer works"?
    --
    John Saunders [MVP]

    John Saunders [MVP], Aug 7, 2007

  3. hs

    hs Guest

    > "It no longer works"?

    Sorry for the lack of explanation. What i mean by 'it no longer works' is if
    the web service resource files are sitting on a local drive eg
    C:\inetpub\wwwroot , then calls to this web service work. but they dont if
    these resource files are sitting on another computer

    hs, Aug 7, 2007
  4. "hs" <> wrote in message
    >> "It no longer works"?

    > Sorry for the lack of explanation. What i mean by 'it no longer works' is
    > if the web service resource files are sitting on a local drive eg
    > C:\inetpub\wwwroot , then calls to this web service work. but they dont if
    > these resource files are sitting on another computer

    Ok, I guess there must be something wrong.

    :-(

    Come on! If you want some help, then please give some information! What do
    you mean, "it doesn't work?" What, exactly, is the symptom?
    --
    John Saunders [MVP]

    John Saunders [MVP], Aug 8, 2007
  5. hs

    hs Guest

    When I try to access the webservice from my client application, I get an
    http request error.

    I think its a IIS settings issue.

    hs, Aug 8, 2007
  6. "hs" <> wrote in message
    > When I try to access the webservice from my client application, I get an
    > http request error.
    >
    > I think its a IIS settings issue.

    I think this is getting boring.

    Please supply all of the information. Every bit of it.

    If you don't supply information, nobody will be able to help you.
    --
    John Saunders [MVP]

    John Saunders [MVP], Aug 8, 2007
  7. hs

    hs Guest

    thanks for looking but i think i've posted my problem on the wrong group.
    I'll try my luck elsewhere.

    hs, Aug 9, 2007